Monday 30 April 2007

Fat Lil's in Witney

I had heard about the 'One Night Stand' Open Mic night from a friend who is a comedian/poet but came across this article whilst browsing the Witney Gazette:
One Night Stand Invites All Talents (from Witney Gazette)

We are not really involved with our local community yet and it has always been somethign we have meant to be. 'Local' people.

Also, I have always meant to try my hand at stand-up since it's somethign I hear alot "you should be in stand-up". Maybe I should try it out and see. It takes a lot of work though.

I am reading Richard St John's book "Stupid, Ugly, Unlucky and Rich" and one of the quotes I notice is by Chris Rock who said "I was never the funniest kid at school, but I was the kid who work the hardest at being funny." Which I think about summarises my struggle with humour too. I was always facinated by it. What made people laugh. I am constantly amazed at the craft of such people as Barry Humphries, Eddie Izzard and even Bob Monkhouse who just seem to be able to effortlessly wind an audience up and bring them into their world of humour.

Anyway, see you at Fat Lil's on Weds 23 May!

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: