Friday 27 April 2007

Charity Shop DJ - Vinyl Saves

My Brother's blog has a post about Andy Jupp's Charity Shop DJ site. Specifically about the gallery of people with their favourite recovered-from-charity-shop vinyl album in their hands. (And an exhibition of the photos in Paddington - see Jim Byford's blog)

What a fantastic idea!

The site brings to mind the Saturday mornings that I would spend in my teenage years trawling through the second hand record shops of Notting Hill Gate with my mates Seb, John AA and Larry. We would dig out obscure records that we had heard mention of in Guitarist magazine and get them for 50p or whatever because one of the vinyls was missing from a two lp set or because the front cover was torn in half. Then I would bring them home and show them to my mum and brother who would usually have some piece of information about the album I had just bought.

Still trying to think of which album I would love to be 'foto'd wid.

Did consider the The Police but I see this guy got there before me and his picture is way cooler than mine would be.

Remember buying this album for my uncle Tim's birthday and then being thrilled when he said I could 'look after' it for him. Hey, I was young and hadn't got out of the buying-stuff-for-myself-for-other-peoples-birthdays phase. Not sure I'm out of it now...

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: