Friday 9 February 2007

Snow!

Surprisingly I didn't manage to get into work yesterday.

Because of my crusade for remote working I was able to continue to work a little. But I'll be very glad when I can get the VPN up and running - that's a remote secure (in theory) network, for all you non-techies.

Have to say I was a little annoyed that I was so prepared to start working straight away. As the kids were straight in the garden enjoying themselves. Not sure how it effected everyone else, though I know that Mark had the day-off as his school was closed (he's a teacher). I have a suspicion - as yet unconfirmed - that Brighton was too groovey for snow, so sibs and mother were spared.

Did take an extended lunch to walk with the kids. Took a tray down to Something Hill where most of the town had congregated to toboggan. Didn't get that far on our tray since the snow was already a bit thin. Also the ergonomics of the tray meant that it seemed to collect snow rather than slide over it. Maybe buy another sled when we get the chance.

Always seem to work much longer hours when working from home. I think it because I don't have to spend so long getting to and from the office. Really not enjoying the commute. Will have to think and talk to all parties about how to improve the situation.

No comments: