Friday 16 February 2007

The Console

I will resist.

It would be far to simple to scatter this post with references to urine and double entendres, but that just wouldn't do justice to, what I am going to call: The Console.

Yes, we have one.

Now if you've already read Nikki's blog post on the arrival of The Console you'll know that I wasn't strickly speaking in town to buy it. But I put-my-head-around-the-door and asked on the availabilty of - >ahem< - The Console and was told there was one left in stock. Someone must have jogged me or something - it was a very small shop and very busy - but the next thing I knew I was back at the car with the groceries and Argos products I had been sent for and a brand new, boxed The Console and spare remote. Well, far be it from me to throw a The Console away once it has landed in front of me. So I duely brought the item home and stored in a safe place to be revealed to Nikki when she was old and wise enough to appreciate it. Which turned out to be five minutes later as Joy blurted out something.

Fortunately, Nikki was quickly persuaded to sway the compulsory take-it-back-right-now rule (using some arguements I had recently learnt about the benefits of hand eye co-ordination and Gym membership fees). Once the kids were in bed I carefully set up The Console and she was won over by the excellent gameplay and sweat inducing activities that The Console provides. So the little thing will be staying with The Mayfields for a little while longer.

Just not sure how I'm going to tell that I've also pre-ordered a Playstation 3.

That was a joke....!!

No comments: