Thursday 22 February 2007

Balance issues

Bit of a weird and frustrating time for us at the moment.

That last post of mine (referred to by some as "a little boring" and tech-orientated) demonstrates the dark areas of my mind that have been revealed by my recent illness.

It's just a touch of a 'flu like virus that basically knocked the whole family for six over the last week. We're over it now, but the thing that's really frustrating us is the lingering effects. Nikki and the kids have been coughing for a while and I have been falling over.

That's not strictly true. My balance has been thrown off. I'm fine most of the time, then all of a sudden I'll start getting really dizzy or disorientated.

I went to see the doctor yesterday and on the way I had to hold on to walls to steady myself. I have to say that I was quite chuffed with my state when I got there.

You know what it's like. You want to go to the doctor ill. You don't want to turn up with a bit of a sniffle - you want to arrive on a stretcher all pasty, one frail hand raised and a weak smile of apology on your lips to show that you may be at death's door, but far be it from you to waste NHS time and money.

Well, stumbling through the door yesterday I felt tremendous. (Well, quite wobbly actually.) It was that perfect mix of actual illness pity without anything nasty like the pain of a broken leg.

Anyway, cut it down. Turns out it's all connected the ear/nose/throat thing and the virus and will go away in time as I fully recover. But, here's the really annoying thing: I can't drive! So I am here trying to connect to VPNs and remote access portals, etc.

I misunderstood the doctors instructions on some medicine yesterday and ended up falling asleep at my desk. Didn't realise I was supposed to take it before I went to bed.

Anyway, time for another dose... glug, glug... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: