Tuesday 9 January 2007

Flew out fine. Getting back may be an issue.

Well, we got out of Bristol Ok. In fact, despite Bristol Council's best efforts to make getting to the airport as difficult as possible (my tip: ignore the signs and plan your route yourself), when I got to the airport it was plain sailing. Their was hardly anyone in the departure lounge and flight was half-full. I got an entire three seat row to myself! As we came into land at Newark, NY, the pilot told us Bristol had closed for at least ten days. Should be ready for our return, hopefully.

In the meantime, my thoughts really are with the managers and staff and their families as everyone tries to get the place up and running again. It's going to hit the airport hard and I hope that they manage to pull through with out too much impact.

More on the States soon. But, I'm here and very busy - and enjoying it!

No comments: