Sunday 14 January 2007

American TV Ads: Old Spice

One of the strange this things I've found about watching TV here in the US, (not that I've had much of a chance!), is how funny alot of the adverts are. I assumed that they would mostly be annoying "buy-now!" kind of adverts, or of the preachy/pseudo-science/we're-doing-this-for-you're-own-good-not-to-make-money variety. I was, of course, right for the most part but it's surprising how quickly you block them out. But the well made ads are funny and surprisingly subtle. I guess they figure that's how to reach my demographic.

I saw this Old Spice advert with actor Jack Cambell and it had me in stitches in the hotel. I especially like the extended longship picture in the background. Well, take a look whilst I go and buy some aftershave...

1 comment:

Nikki Mayfield said...

Hilarious! Looooooong ship!