Thursday 17 May 2007

Chow cooking site


A recent discovery for me has been Chow.com. I really like the useable inteface and recipes and food news and quite a lot of things about this site. The videos are short and informative. I think I'm going to become a regular visitor.

One thing I enjoyed was when I signed up there is a small section within which answer a number of questions that tell about your tastes and a little bit about who you are. I was surprised that I had an answer for most of them, but also that I found myself really enjoying the thinking about the questions. It made me realise that I really enjoy cooking and don't do enough of it. Cooking for enjoyment can be somethign that is so easily lost.

Nikki does most of the cooking in our house, but I have often wanted help out with this task, but find that in the stress of the moment I have no idea what to cook or, more importantly, what to do with the ingredients that we have to hand. So Nikki usually ends up preparing our meal.

I have often wondered if I added to my repertoire of meals I could help out a bit more.

We have experienced that 'Quick Meals' are no better and take no longer that cooking from stratch most of the time. But I would also like to learn how to cook things that take a bit longer. Especially Bread and Roast Meat...

No comments: